IRELAND 24 July 2014
The Office's mission is to provide independent assurance that public funds and resources are used in accordance with the law, managed to good effect and properly accounted for and to contribute to improvement in public administration.
The role of the Office is to
- audit and report on the accounts of public bodies
- establish that transactions of public bodies are in accordance with the legal authorities governing them and that funds are applied for the purposes intended
- provide assurance on the system of internal financial control put in place by each body
- examine whether each body administers its resources economically and efficiently and has mechanisms in place to evaluate the effectiveness of operations
- authorise the release of funds from the Exchequer for purposes permitted by law
In implementing this mandate account is taken of the special considerations which attach to the management of public funds including the requirements of probity and sound corporate governance
- Value for Money - 8 July 2014: Special Report 82. Financial Management and Reporting for Fishery Harbour Centres Report Summary
- Press Releases - 8 July 2014: Special Report 82. Financial Management and Reporting for Fishery Harbour Centres Press Release
- Value for Money - 8 July 2014: Special Report 82. Financial Management and Reporting for Fishery Harbour Centres
- Forthcoming Reports - 4 June 2014: Forthcoming Reports – Managing Elective Day Surgery.